How to make sure your clients pay with Suzanne Dibble
In episode 4 of Micro Entrepreneur: the magic of thinking small I talk with Suzanne Dibble, one of our core team of writers and keen lawyer for micro business owners. Suzanne has a great talent for making the legal stuff interesting, so this podcast is well worth listening too – particularly if you sometimes have clients who don’t want to pay.
In the intro
In the intro, I share a personal story as a friend of mine recently passed away, and it has really made me re-think my priorities and whether or not I have the right balance between business and personal life.
This week’s guest
Multi-award winning ex-City lawyer, Suzanne Dibble is on a mission to make business law more relevant, more accessible and less daunting for small business owners. Through her new, ground-breaking programme, the Small Business Legal Academy, Suzanne shares practical, easy to understand and easy to implement knowledge and legal tools that will help small businesses to grow and protect their business and to avoid making very expensive mistakes. You can find out more about Suzanne at lawyers4mumpreneurs .
What we covered in the show:
- What is the single most important thing you can do to make sure you get paid
- How to insure your fees against your client going into receivership
- How to get over the fear of asking a client to sign a contract
- How to deal with a disagreement with your client
- How to recover a debt from a client
- What is the 1 legal document that every micro business should invest in – no matter what your business
- What should you include in your terms of business
- What is your secret weapon when it comes to deciding whether you should sign a contract or not
- How to choose your lawyer
About the Podcast
The Micro Entrepreneur Podcast is your place to come and hear me talk about all things business for the micro business owner. I speak with experts, authors and other micro business owners and what they are doing to build and grow a successful micro business. The podcasts are converted from our Google Hangouts which are held live every week.
Like the show? Please tell us on iTunes!
If you liked the show and found it valuable and you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show and help us reach more people.
I hope you enjoyed the session and you can check out our upcoming topics here