How to lose the overwhelm and become a productivity ninja with Grace Marshall
In episode 24 of Micro Entrepreneur: the magic of thinking small, I had a great time talking with Grace Marshall about the strategies you can use as a micro-entrepreneur, to help you become more productive, more focussed and happier with your choices.
This week’s guest
What we covered in the show:
- Intro with my top tips for productivity
- time boxing and chunking
- asking if the task is necessary to your business and ask who is it serving?
- having a ‘no meetings policy’ unless it serves your agenda
- using public announcement for accountability
- setting boundaries
And then on to Grace with:
- Aligning your focus, passion and energy, and managing your mindset
- Getting started when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- using brain dumps
- deciding what needs your focus – what you can park – what do you need to let go of?
- creating space and ‘choosing’ vs feeling ‘you have to’
- understanding your own values
- Some things you may think aren’t productive actually are!
- regenerating, thinking time, re-strategizing
- Recognizing the ‘guilt’ factor and how in large doses it disempowers and distracts you
- time is your friend not your enemy
- have a TaDa! list not a ToDo list
- making magic doesn’t always take a lot of time
- Reference to the apps todoist.com pocket.com
- Being mindful and having strategies to improve your ‘state’ and energy levels
- Starting with the hardest tasks first and earmarking the most important task for the week
- Having a weekly review, making proactive decisions, knowing what makes you ‘your best you’
- Managing a ‘multiple-ideas’ personality
- Motivating yourself with a ‘champagne moments’ folder
- It’s up to you to ‘take your time’
You can find out more about Grace here:
About the Podcast
The Micro Entrepreneur Podcast is your place to come and hear me talk about all things business for the micro business owner. I speak with experts, authors and other micro business owners and what they are doing to build and grow a successful micro business.
Subscribe to the podcast
For Apple users, you can click here to subscribe on iTunes
For Android and Windows users, you can click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Like the show? Please tell us on iTunes!
If you liked the show and found it valuable and you haven’t done so already I would really appreciate it if you took a minute to leave a quick rating or review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It will open up itunes on your computer and you can leave a rating by clicking on the ratings and reviews tab. It would be extremely helpful if you like the show! Click here to leave a review for the podcast! It will only take a second